Sooo… we’ve hit a BIT of a snag tonight while trying to finish the table up. Got the top painted this morning – a bright & cheery teal. So tonight after work we got started screwing the frame & legs together. Unfortunately – we were not aware that wood table legs are actually made of some superhuman substance… and quickly found this out when our wood screws broke in the wood. So a trip back to Lowe’s to return the screws and get some nails instead. Ok, this will surely work! Well, as you can see, even the nails do not agree with these superhuman table legs. So now we’ve got half a screw sticking out and a crooked nail embedded… it ain’t lookin pretty folks.
Sadly, by the time we were able to start hammering, it was getting a bit late – can’t disturb the upstairs neighbors TOO much. So, my handsome handyman will be trying to get these nails into the ungodly table legs tomorrow. We shall see how it goes.
Oh, we also discovered that we measured the whole frame to be too small and there is no room to attach it to the top without basically driving right through the glass panes (example of why I should never be put in charge of the measuring). Soooo we’re going to have to get a piece of plywood to attach the legs and frame to and THEN attach the window to that. Me-oh-my… building furniture is a lot harder than I thought. It’s certainly been a learning experience and a lot of laughs though!